Friday, December 12, 2014

High on Highlighters



In the cold and grey months of Winter many people will stick to a matte, nude-y, basic base-makeup and then pair it with a dark lip or dark eye-makeup. I'm all for that, but one thing I can never abandon is my highlighter. I usually just dab it on top of my cheekbones to add a bit of glow. I must admit that I like a bit of glittery goodness as long as the glitter doesn't come off all chunky, cause I often find that that will make me look like a disco ball. These four are my current favorites and I'll just write you through them a bit!

Sleek Face Form Palette in "Light";
This palette is a go-to palette for me. The contour powder is nice and matte, the blush got a nice shine to it, so you can even use that a highlighter/blush as well. But my favorite part of this palette is the highlighter. It's probably my favorite highlighter in powder form. It's got a nice shine and gives a perfect glow but it's not exactly glittery. And you can add it mixed with a favorite blush or bronzer for that extra-party effect.

e.l.f. Baked Blush;
There is no color name on this one, which is quite annoying. However, all the colors were quite nice if I remember correctly. This highlighter is more of a blush combined with a bit of highlight, because it is quite shimmery. For the price it's a very nice product and if you're just starting out with makeup these or the Baked Bronzers would be a good starting point.

Revlon Highlighting Palette in "Rose Glow";
This is probably my most glittery highlighter and I do have to be a bit more light-handed to avoid the disco ball effect. It's really nice for parties though, and would be great for the different holiday celebrations we face this month. The shades can be used on your eyelids as well and they look quite nice that way. 

Benefit Cream Highlighter "Whatt's Up!";
This is the only cream highlighter I've ever tried and it is the most beautiful color. The champagne glow will probably work with every skin-tone and it's very easy to work with. I just blend it out with a brush but you could use your fingers just as easily. The color is one of those works-with-everything colors, a bit like the "All That Glitters" eyeshadow from MAC. If you're willing to splurge a bit on a good highlighter this one is the one to go for. 

Hope you liked this post! If you have a favorite highlighter please feel free to share as I'm always looking for new ones to try out.

xx Sisse 


No comments :

Post a Comment