Tuesday, December 16, 2014

TUNEY TUESDAY l Tove Lo


Hey, hello and welcome! This week's tuney tuesday is being brought to you in a finals and flu haze. Sunday morning I woke up feeling like I'd been run over by something unpleasant, and yesterday I started my first final for this semester - what a way to start the week. While the final doesn't bother me so much, all I can think about is blackface minstrelsy, freaks shows and the general power of modern pop-culture. So writing this post feels like a short break and as a realization that freedom will return once I finish this exam. And I mean, I've got until Monday so I shouldn't be stressing yet.  

On to the playlist. Maybe you've heard about Tove Lo before, maybe you haven't. Either way, stop what you're doing, take a break and give her a listen. Her album "Queen Of The Clouds" has quickly become a favorite of mine. All the songs got a cool sound, the interludes are pretty different and while not being extraordinary or fantastic pieces of art, they fit in nicely on the album. As you'll find out if you want to listen to the playlist (or you know, you can read it here), she's got a song on the new soundtrack for Mockingjay Part 1, which is quite good as well. Also, she's from Sweden so I feel proud to be Scandinavian when we can produce music this good. For a debut album I find it really good and her sound, while still being pop and somewhat mainstream, is quite special. 

What's your favorite song from her album?

xx Sisse      

(Also, I apologize if the blog will be a bit neglected in the next week or two. I should have scheduled some posts but instead... I didn't. No surprise there. If I find some time to take photos or get hit by sudden inspiration, I'll post something. But until next time - enjoy the holidays!)

No comments :

Post a Comment