Thursday, January 1, 2015

Let's Rewind! New Releases Of 2014.


2014 has now come to an end, as I'm sure you're all very aware of - maybe even in the form of a moral or physical hangover. So why not spend the time enjoying all the wonderful music this year had to offer, eh? This post is all about my favorite new releases 2014, so stay tuned for some serious fangirling. 

Six Favorite New Releases,

Ed Sheeran - X/Multiply; This year has truly been great for Ed Sheeran. Sure, he kept us waiting for what felt like an eternity to hear something new from him after the release of his first album, but it was definitely worth the wait. Even if you wanted to avoid it I'm sure you couldn't, and really, why would you even try? Ed can do no wrong it seems.

Lewis Watson - the morning; not too different from Ed's music if I'm honest. Lewis Watson released his first full-length album this year and now another British dude has managed to make it into my top list of favorite human beings (that list is getting pretty damn lengthy). I've rambled about him before I'm sure, so I'll spare you for now, but do yourself an early favor of 2015 and go listen to him. Now. 

George Ezra - Wanted On Voyage; let's just stick to the English guys with amazing voices and equally amazing skills on their guitars, shall we not? Is it an epidemic? Not that I'm complaining, but I'm not sure my heart can take much more. As I said, my list of favorite human beings is taking over. 

The Kooks - Listen; okay, not a single dude and his guitar. Still British though. Oh well, they're impossible to avoid. Listen is one of those albums that I keep going back to, even when I think I've had enough and could in no way dance to Bad Habit one more time. Every time I'm wrong, and yes I did welcome the new year by jumping around to this album. 

Tove Lo - Queen Of The Clouds; I've saved the strongest for last *cough* yes, the girls *cough*. Again and again I read about the struggle of being a lady making it big in the music-biz, (I mostly hear about the pop/punk/rock area, but I imagine it's difficult in most genres) so whenever a girl manage to break through I get even more proud. I talked about Tove Lo in a very recent post, and while her music is not my usual taste, usually music like this is something I'll listen to so much in a very short period of time and then forget all about it, I do really like it. Maybe I'll forget about her album in a week, but her lyrics and attitude cannot be ignored. 

Candy Hearts - All The Ways You Let Me Down; ah, yes. I've talked about this band before and I will never ever stop. If I'm impressed when girls make it in the pop-biz then I'm extremely impressed when girls make it in the pop/punk/rock-biz. And while Candy Hearts is not an all-girls band, then they're mostly represented by their (female) lead-singer, Mariel Loveland. Mariel often talks about the male-dominated world of music on her blog and other social media, and you got to admire her for standing up for herself and other women in music. She's strong and a great singer, so what's not to like? Their album is definitely one of my all-tome favorites, and whenever I listen to it I want to live it - it that weird? I just admire the way their lyrics admits to making mistakes but not breaking down because of them, and it always reminds me that it's okay to not take life too seriously. And sometimes we all need that reminder. Okay, I rambled, I really didn't mean to. Oh well, we'll all survive.

These were my favorite new releases from 2014, stay tuned on the blog for a post on my general favorites of 2014 that were not as new. What was your favorite new album of 2014? 

xx Sisse        



No comments :

Post a Comment