Friday, January 2, 2015

Let's Rewind! General Favorites Of 2014.


Welcome to the second installment of favorite albums from the year we just said goodbye to. I thought I'd share some of my favorites of 2014 that have managed to make it as a permanent part of my favorites.

Favorite albums of 2014, 

Paramore - Paramore (Deluxe); okay, so this is could probably be considered a new release, but seeing as it was a re-release let's just treat it as an oldie. Paramore released a re-release of their self-titled album very recently with a few new songs and some live versions as well. We haven't seen any official releases of this live songs since The Final Riot! tour, so I was very excited. They did not disappoint. All of Paramore's albums are very important to me, but this album marks their growth as a band in a very beautiful way.

twenty one pilots - vessel; these guys. Wow. I went to their show early on this year, and ever since then I haven't stopped listening to them. Rumor has it that they're recording new music, and I can't wait for it. Their Vessel album is very important to me and if you ever find yourself struggling with life then these guys will help you through, I guarantee it. 

Fall Out Boy - Save Rock And Roll; yes, I'm aware that the album on my phone is their new release of American Beauty/American Psycho, but I wanted tot all about Save Rock And Roll. When Fall Out Boy returned with this album they did with an impressive power. The album is a work of art and it just proves their talent and that you shouldn't let yourself be fooled by rumors and haters. 

Arctic Monkeys - AM; these guys have got a lot of great albums but this is one of my favorites. I think. It's raw, it's cool and if you've ever spend any amount of time on tumblr you'll have seen many posts dedicated to the coolness of this album and the need to "wear red lipstick and smoke cigarettes" when listening to it. The album always manages to give me the right amount of "f*** you-attitude" when I'm feeling down. 

Haim - Days Are Gone; as with AM this album is all about the cool attitudes. And great tunes of course. The three sisters will forever be some of my favorites and I always return to this album and I never get bored of it. I just wanna join a cool girl-band - any takers? I'm currently teaching myself to play the ukulele. No?

Echosmith -  Talking Dreams; an album with a very happy-but-sometimes-melanchlic-but-still-optimistic sound. Does that even make any sense? You've probably been blasted with their single Cool Kids but the album has so much more to offer. 

What's some of your all-time favorite albums?   

xx Sisse

No comments :

Post a Comment