Thursday, January 22, 2015

Favorite Hair Products


A year ago or so I started growing out my hair from a very short cut. We're talking over-my-ears short, and even though I did like it, I felt like a change, and when your hair is that short the only options you have is either to shave it off or let it grow. I was not brave enough for the shave so I opted for growing it out. During the year I've only had it cut once or twice, so now it's just long enough to reach under my jaw. The change in length resulted in a change of my hair-routine and I've found some products I really enjoy using. 

I usually straighten my hair but I have quite thick hair so I need something that can lift it a bit and stop it from looking too straightened. I'll either use the Plump For Joy Thickening Hair Lifter fromNot Your Mother's or the Surf Spray from bumble and bumble on their own, or I'll mix them. I use two pumps of the thickening hair lifter and add it to my hair form the tips up to the roots. It's very light and not sticky at all, but it does give a bit of hold to the hair, and it does what it says - it lifts the hair. 

The Surf Spray from bumble and bumble is my favorite saltwater spray and it's the only one I've used that actually gives the hair that slightly curl they all promise on the bottle. The Miracle Beach Waves from Aussie is a pretty good alternative and a lot cheaper, but I don't think it's as good. It leaves my hair a bit more greasy rather than matte, and I have to work it more into the hair. It's still a good product though, especially considering the difference in price. 

To keep it all in place I'll spray a bit of the Urban Fudge hairspray all over and work it a bit into the hair as well. The key move for me is to work all the products into my hair with my fingers so I avoid that obvious look of product in my hair. It just make it all a bit more natural to look at. 

Do you have any hair tips for short hair?

xx Sisse 

No comments :

Post a Comment