Sunday, January 18, 2015

What I Anticipate in 2015...



The end of one year and the beginning of another often bring new music, and this period of changing years is a period for promotion and new singles. This change of year was no exception. During the winter many artists promised new music in 2015 and so far they have not disappointed. 

Fall Out Boy released Save Rock and Roll in 2013 so it surprised me a bit when they already announced a new full album in 2015, but hey, I'm not complaining. The guys are releasing the new album, American Beauty/American Psycho, on January 20 and we've already been graced with some amazing singles. My personal favorites so far are The Kids Aren't Alright and Irresistible. I really hope this album will bring them on a tour near Denmark, I can't go another tour-season without seeing them live. 

Another band I highly look forward to hearing the new album from is Imagine Dragons. These guys have also released some singles and they are SO. GOOD. Smoke + Mirrors is set to be released on February 17, and the deluxe edition will have 18! songs on it. I know what I'll be listening to in February. The single I Bet My Life is a masterpiece on its own, so I'm convinced the full album will be a collection of 18 incredible songs.

Kodaline is also releasing a new album, on February 9. They've released some singles as well and in my opinion this album has en even better promise than In A Perfect World. Don't get me wrong, I love that album as well, but the singles are just so... good. Yeah, not very descriptive, but go listen to them for yourself. I'm going to see them in February as well, and I can't wait to hear some of these songs live. 

Okay, these three bands are the ones I know we can expect some great new music from. However, I do have a few wishes as to who can release some new music this year as well, but they have not made any promises (sadly). twenty one pilots have not hidden the fact that they're working on new songs, and both on twitter and instagram they've informed fans of the process. There's no promises or singles or snippets of singles that fans have magically gotten their hands on yet, but man I hope they release something new this year. Otherwise I'll just listen to their old albums on repeat. Again. And again. They're really good, so that's okay too. 

Earlier this year - or was it last year? I can't remember the exact date this moment. Anyway, earlier on I went to a Tom Odell concert and it was amazing. He was so nice and his songs are even better live. He played some new songs and told the crowd he was working on a new album, and now I sit here and can't help but wonder... Was he joking? Besides from the single for a cute commercial we have not heard anything new from Odell, right? Did I miss something? The songs were good too, I need them on a disc. Or a digital download, but you know what I mean. Come on Tom, I'm waiting. Still.  

Now to a band who have not hinted anything new in any way to my knowledge, the Haim sisters. Days Are Gone is one of my favorite albums and have been ever since they released it. Since then I've seen them live two times, and I do still enjoy the album to the fullest, but I would love to hear something new from them.  (Edit: I just read an article that claimed Haim is working on their second album - let me just convince myself I'm psychic for a moment.) 

Another band I hope to hear something from is Paramore. This is might a long-shot, 'cause when they released the deluxe version of their album in 2014 Hayley stated somewhere that her and the guys were not ready for a new full-length album. And I don't want them to do anything they wouldn't be happy with, but they're still my favorite band, so I do hope they'll give sound from them in 2015. But don't you always have high hopes for your favorite band? I think so.

Are you looking forward to any new music this year? Please share if you do.

xx Sisse 

     

No comments :

Post a Comment