Thursday, December 4, 2014

Skincare Routine



Let me start of by saying that I'm aware that these pictures look... Weird, grainy, out-of-focus, whatever you wanna call them. I'm struggling with finding good light to take my pictures in, and now that it's getting darker than night by 3 in the afternoon I always miss the nice hour of light we get. So for now these will have to do. 

I just wanted to walk you through my skincare routine seeing as I've finally found one that I'm mostly satisfied with. Whenever the seasons change my skin act like it did when I was an awkward teen, (still awkward, not teen) but these products have helped me out recently. 

In the shower in the morning I'll just use the Neutrogena 2-in-1 visibly clear face wash. It's nice and cooling and in the morning I can't be bothered to dig out multiple products, so this is a nice and refreshing compromise. It can be used as a mask as well but I haven't tried that yet. I do like it as a simple wash without too much hassle to it. 

In the evening I'll usually remove my makeup with either the Micellar water from Garnier or the Camomile oil from The Body Shop - I'll use the oil if I feel like my skin need a bit more deep cleansing. Then I'll scrub my face with the Benefiance Cleansing Foam from Shiseido. This stuff is pure magic for my skin and ever since I tried it out the first time two years ago I've wanted to repurchase it, but could never justify spending that much money on it (it's crazy expensive here in Denmark) so when I went to New York earlier this year I finally bought it, since it was quite cheap there. It's got a very light scrub to it and as someone who can never use "daily scrubs" because they're always too harsh no matter what the bottle promise, this is the one. The scrub is barely there but it's enough to make me feel like my skin is better than new whenever I use it. 
To end the whole cleaning routine I dab some of the Grease Lightning from Lush on any spots I'd might have. The only spot-remover I've ever really used was one from Kiehl's which was too harsh for me and it never really reduced or removed anything - it just stung and dried my skin out. This one dries the spots out as well but in a very gentle and soothing way, y'know? So if you've normally got too sensitive skin for spot reducers/removers I'd recommend you try this stuff out. If not for the product then just for the name 'cause, let's face it, it's pretty genius. 

What's your favorite skincare product?

xx Sisse 

No comments :

Post a Comment