Friday, March 14, 2014

NEW ALBUM - Foster the People





It's been quite a while since we heard anything from Foster the People. Most of you will probably remember the song Pumped Up Kicks since it was the hit from their album Torches, which was released in 2011 - has it really been that long? Before I start feeling too old, let me move on to their new album Supermodel.

Now, the album is supposed to be released March 18 but for some reason I can already download it on Spotify. So I gave it a listen and thought I would share my feelings on it with you lot.

Despite it being three years since their last album release you can definitely still tell who you're dealing with. They do bring some new elements into their music and the album seems a bit less "dancy", and often the attention is brought to the different instruments, and it works really well. There's even an acoustic song - Goats in Trees. The album automatically carries you on to the next song and the next, and you never sit with the feeling "isn't this song basically the same as the one before it?", which I sometimes found myself thinking with Torches. Not saying that I didn't enjoy Torches, just saying that they've obviously expanded their musical talents. 

My favorite songs on the album right now (I always change my favorites on an album) are Are You What You Want To Be?, A Beginner's Guide to Destroying the Moon, Goats in Trees and Fire Escape. The last two I find to be very different from their older songs. 

All in all I really enjoyed the album and recommend it for everybody, both old Foster the People fans and new-comers. I think there' something for everybody on it.

Anyway, I think that's it. Have you listened to Supermodel yet? And in that case, which song is your favorite? 

Foster the People on Facebook
Foster the People on Twitter
Foster the People on Instagram

You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram as well. And make sure to follow me on Bloglovin'! xx






  

No comments :

Post a Comment