Tuesday, March 18, 2014

TUNEY TUESDAY featuring Jamie Bower




Every Tuesday I'll do a post on an artist, album or song. I'll try to mix in a bit from different genres and in different stages of popularity. So let's get started!

My first post is on this guy, in the video, Jamie Campbell Bower. You may know him better from movies such as Twilight and The Mortal Instruments but he does sing as well. And rather good might I add. At least I think so. Now Jamie is not alone in this tough business. He is actually in a band that, as far as I know, is called The Darling Buds. Don't take my words for good they could've changed it I guess. Two of his friends play in the band as well (I'm not a 100% sure if it's still Dan Smith and Jordan Speirs but I think so). It's not necessarily easy finding their music since they haven't released anything that you can just download on iTunes (not yet at least) but if you search on youtube you can find some of their songs, or even if you check out their twitters.

So why should you listen to them? Well, their music is not just any mainstream genre and they really put their own mark on their songs. And I have a great deal of respect for the fact that they put a lot of work into it. Normally it's not really my kind of music, since it's a bit more... I don't want to call it heavy, cause it's not, but more heavy-ish than I'm used to I guess. But it is good. In this video it's just Jamie, but it really shows off his musical talents. At the Burberry fashion show Jamie hinted that their fans should have something to look forwards to during the year, so I definitely think we will hear much more from these guys! Very recently they played some free shows on different locations in London (why don't I live in London *sobs*) and Do you know any of their music?    


No comments :

Post a Comment