Tuesday, March 25, 2014

TUNEY TUESDAY featuring Arctic Monkeys




Okay, I'm going to assume that you know these guys by now. With their newest album, AM, they have become even more popular than previously. Admittedly, here in Denmark, not everybody know them but most have listened to at least one song from AM. And if you're not sure that you know who Arctic Monkeys are I advice you to go listen to them - right now! 

The indi-rock band, led by Alex Turner, really know how make an album that will inspire everybody to throw on a leather jacket, start smoking a pack a day and start kicking some ass. Okay, so maybe I haven't actually done any ass-kicking but you know what I mean. Every single song on AM has something special. They're not necessarily perfect (of course they are) but there's a connection between each and every song that brings something special to the album. It is the fifth album from Arctic Monkeys and they seem completely sure of themselves and have completely managed to create their own impact on the genre. All the songs have a heavier sort of rock-vibe in them and the album en general seems less "dancy" compared to some of their early music. Some will say they've become more pop-ish, and keep in mind that they will say it as a bad thing, but in my opinion they've only matured and managed to deliver a more complete album than ever before. 

My favorite song on the album is "R U Mine?" and it's the song that could remind me the most of some of their earlier music, while still being completely different. It's rare that I enjoy every single song on an album but AM is an exception. 

Do you have a favorite Arctic Monkeys song? And if so, please share it with me! xx 

No comments :

Post a Comment