Thursday, March 27, 2014

LIVE IN CONCERT - Tom Odell


Eva Stone was the supporting act and she was, to put it mildly, quite amazing. Her voice was incredible and it was just her and her guitar on the stage. It's been a while since I've heard a voice like hers. Check her out, she's all new so she needs the support!






Recently I went to the Tom Odell concert in Store Vega in Copenhagen. I'm a big fan of Tom's album and when he was in Denmark a couple of months ago the tickets sold out pretty fast so when announced another concert later on, I was so excited! I was a bit unsure as to what I should expect since his music is a bit different from that of other concerts I've been to. I mean, I couldn't imagine jumping around to Another Love and it seemed unlikely that someone would form a mosh-pit to Grow Old With Me. 

So, it was not a concert with a lot of dancing but the audience was positive and everybody sang along. Tom seemed a bit... Distant, maybe, but once he downed his glass of liquor that changed. His set lest was amazing and he even played some songs from his not-yet-released album. One of the songs reminded me oddly enough about the Arctic Monkeys song "I Wanna Be Yours". At least I think it was that song. 

Anyway, as the concert neared its end Tom really let loose! Maybe you can see it a bit on the last picture. He knocked over his chair, walked around the stage and started head-banging. This of course resulted in the songs being not so album-perfect but it was quite refreshing to see him act as he felt like. He's a sweetheart all the time so it was nice to see him just give himself completely to the music. I would without a doubt recommend that you go see him.   

1 comment :

  1. I Love tom odell
    Also Ive nominated you for a liebster award
    http://littlebeautybloge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete