Monday, November 17, 2014

ALBUM REVIEW l 1989



Today the talk of town will most likely be all about the new One Direction album - but not in this town my friends. I'll most likely do a review in a couple of days, but let the "professionals" have their time to shine and say all the horrible things about the album they can come to think of. Or is that just here in Denmark? Then again, the Danish reviewers does seem to have something against the five guys, but I reckon they're just jealous. Anyway, back to who this review is about - Taylor Swift!

Recently Taylor released her new album, "1989", with two strong singles to support it, "Shake It Off" and "Out Of The Woods". Since the album was released she's put the single "Blank Space" out there as well. When the singles began dropping I never pictured myself as a fan of her entire album. I guess I'd been pretty bad marked by the global feeling that "all she ever does is write songs about her exes and that's annoying and immature". But when I started thinking for myself I realized this; who doesn't? Every singer that write his or her own songs are bound to be inspired by their own life, and most of them have exes - what a shocker! When I let go of the negative thoughts and actually listened to the album in complete? Well, I'm a fan. Taylor has completely abandoned the country-style guitars and choruses and is now a true pop queen. And she has claimed the throne. Her songs are catchy and well-written. The lyrics are probably the part of the album that surprised me the most, 'cause they're smart and funny all at once. She doesn't try to make people feel sorry for herself, which I think is a way many other artists would have chosen. Instead she makes fun of herself and all her haters, and it really works out to her advantage.  This album has been on repeat at my place for a couple of weeks now and I've hardly listened to anything else. I do feel myself losing a bit of interest in it now but that almost always happens when I listen to something exclusively for a while. But I will say this: the album is a killer. Great job Swift! 

Buy this album if: you're into a good pop-tune with just enough shaming in it and you feel like putting some b****** down in the comfort of your own living room. You know, so you can just picture yourself putting them down... With a nice song playing in the background... Don't actually put them down...

I hope you liked this review! Have you listened to the album? And what did you think of it?

xx Sisse

No comments :

Post a Comment