Thursday, November 27, 2014

Let's talk Deluxe Albums!





This Monday night Paramore released their Deluxe version of their self-titled album. Being a major Paramore fan had prepared me for this, but nobody seemed to know what this deluxe version would be or include. Many probably had their minds set for something like a special, limited edition box-set as we've seen from them before. But the bomb finally dropped on Monday and in the form of a digital album. Now, I'm not disappointed by this - not at all actually. Sure I would have liked something crazy and cool but seeing as not many new songs were actually added to the album I think this is a nice way of making into something nice without over-doing it. I feel like they've thought a lot about their fans regarding this deluxe album, seeing as nobody will feel tricked into spending a lot of money on something fancy and then "only" getting two new songs. 

The songs you see above - "Hate To See Your Heart Break" feat. Joy Williams and "Tell Me It's Okay" - are the new songs you can get on iTunes. Besides those the album includes "Escape Route" and "Native Tongue" but I think most of the fans already got their hands on these during the release of the original album.  "Escape Route", "Native Tongue" and "Tell Me It's Okay" all three have a sort of more old school-Paramore sound to 'em, and I think that's quite nice - their old and new sound sort of mix together on these songs. On "Hate To See Your Heart Break" Joy Williams join Hayley and this is actually the first official "featuring"-song from Paramore - and I love it! Their voices mix together so well and seeing as the song is about friendship and love between friends I think that two good friends singing it together gives it such a nice detail, and the feelings in the song become so much more obvious.  

You can get 8 live songs on the album as well if you want. Another nice detail about this release - you don't have to buy the complete album! None of those "album only" songs, which always annoy me because they sometimes make you spend money on something you already have in order to get something  else as well. So yeah, I really do feel that this album was made and published for the fans without the band compromising and delivering something half-heartedly. Hayley has said on some occasions that the band isn't ready for new, complete album so this makes for a nice compromise. 
Then again, I'm a major fan of basically every single thing this band does an since I've been a fan since I was 13, I might be a bit compromised.  

Have you listened to any of the songs on the deluxe album? 

xx Sisse

No comments :

Post a Comment