Thursday, November 13, 2014

LIVE IN CONCERT l The 1975





So, in June I went to the two One Direction shows in Copenhagen. That was intense and never in my life had I experienced teens go wild like I did at those shows. Until now. I had never expected that I'd get pushed around and squeezed so much in the line that I couldn't move. But that was what happened. Maybe it was because it was at a smaller venue and maybe the staff/security-dudes didn't see it coming. I know I didn't. We wanted to get up front so we lined up a couple of hours prior to the concert but already then we were behind in the game. Some of the girls had been there since early morning. Each to their own I guess. We did mange to get pretty close to the stage but even before the supporting act went on we retreated. We just had to face that we were no match to the vicious fans who were there as well. 
The show was great from the back too, and the sound was a bit better. Matty was his own charming self, with a wine bottle and open shirt and all. This time around they had their sax-guy with them (John I believe his name is) and he was pretty good, and the rest of the band was amazing as they seem to always be. Even though the show was great and all, I'm really happy that I got to see them before they blew up here in Denmark. There's just something about catching a band live before fame gets to them. Not that they were snotty or anything, but it's much more relaxed at smaller venues and you feel more like friend rather than idol and fan. 
They played at Store Vega which will forever be one of my favorite venues and it was great seeing them there. Seeing as they just have a single album and a couple of EPs out they played all my favorite songs which is a plus. On the other hand I really do looking forward to them releasing another album. Matty told us this would probably happen in 2016 (WHAT?!) but I guess really good music takes time, so I'm willing to wait. To my knowledge they still got quite a few shows left on their tour, so go watch them before we have to wait for another album and then a new tour. You will most definitely not regret it.

xx Sisse.  

No comments :

Post a Comment