Saturday, November 8, 2014

LIVE IN CONCERT l Passenger





Back in the day (during the summer that is) Passenger played a show in Tivoli here in Denmark. I went there with some friends and it was such a pleasant surprise! That Mike really is cool dude and just did the show in whatever way he wanted. When he played a sad, quiet song he told us to shut up, and during the rest of the show he would tell us to clap, jump, sing, you know the drill.
When we went to that show we knew he would play a concert later on as well. My friend decided that I had to go with her and bought me a ticket when I didn't answer my phone because it died during the show, and during the hour it took me to get home from the show, she'd already ordered the tickets. And for that I am thankful. His concert a couple of weeks ago was much like the one in summer. Sure, you had to buy a ticket for this one and the majority of the audience was happy couples that were obviously very much in love. I was there with my friends, but yeah, you know. He is a talker when on stage and the stories behind the songs were very touching and entertaining. I imagine it can be quite a challenge to captivate people when you're a single person on stage but he did it really well. His own songs are works of art and he is really good at covers as well. Sadly, Ed Sheeran wasn't there with him to sing their collaborated song (luckily, I'll see him very soon - but more on that show later on). If you like nice shows without too many crazy people and with a nice vibe you'll enjoy a Passenger show. The music is definitely in focus and you won't get trampled. But it won't be boring either. It's a really nice balance! 

xx Sisse.   

1 comment :