Sunday, November 23, 2014

Autumn Readings!



Autumn is here, in all its glory. This post is not particularly inspired by Autumn though. I'll just be talking a bit about the books I've been reading and the books I plan to read during this amazing season. In reality, the only Autumn-y thing in this post is the candle in the pictures. Yes, I finally got my hands on a Yankee candle when I went to visit my friend in Edinburgh - I'll post some pictures from my trip in another post. I'll start of my recommending this scent - "Honey Glow". Nice and spicy, without being sickly sweet. It's even sort of fresh in a way. Anyhow, back to the books!

For as long as I can remember I've enjoyed reading books. In English that is. It all started with the famous Twilight books. I read those in no time and I don't think I've opened a Danish book since then. I just prefer to read the books in the language they were written and I often find American/British books more interesting. Let's dig in!

"The Virgin Suicides" by Jeffrey Eugenides,
This one I haven't started yet, but I don't know why I've never read it before. It's been on my to-read list forever by now. I think we all know the title and most have probably seen the movie by now, but not me. I've only heard nice things about it and I can't wait to get started on this story of the young Lisbon sisters and their family. 

"The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern,
Another book I haven't started yet. I first heard of this from Tanya Burr and one of her favorites videos I think, and though it sounded very interesting. It's not normally my style of book, but everything mystery and unexplainable has to be interesting in some way. 

"The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak, 
To be honest I started this book a long time ago and just haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. It's not that it's bad or boring - the opposite, really - I'm just a bit stuck. Mainly because it's a historic novel, and I need to be in the mood to read those, otherwise I tend to drift in my mind and miss important events or forget important people in the story. It's good read though, and I look forward to finishing it!

"The Scorch Trials" by James Dashner,
This is the second book in The Maze Runner series, which you all might have seen as a movie. The Maze Runner movie was so good that I had to read the books. Sadly, the first book was not as captivating as I expected it to be. It did, however, get really good as I read on and this second book might be even better. I'm all for the post-apocalyptic-ish books and if you like The Hunger Games and the like, then this is for you. I've really grown to care for some of the characters but in these kind of books you can never feel certain that your favorite character won't turn out to be a betrayer. In fact, you can never be certain that the plot is what you thought it was. 

Have you read any of these books? Or are there any other books you look forward to reading?

xx Sisse 
  




No comments :

Post a Comment